Profhilo Before & Aftercare
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) and consuming alcohol for 48 hours before treatment.
- The product is injected in small ‘deposits’ at the predetermined Bio Aesthetic points. You will be able to see them initially, but they will settle on their own after a few hours and they do not need to be massaged.
- Try to avoid touching the treated area as this can introduce infection. It takes a little while for the tiny holes at the injection sites to fully close. For this reason, makeup should not be worn for about 12 hours after treatment.
- It’s best to avoid alcohol, aspirin and vigorous exercise for 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid extremes of hot and cold such as saunas and ice treatments for about a week after treatment.
- Avoid further facial treatments for about a week after treatment.
- Any bruising may take a few days to appear, arnica may be helpful in speeding its resolution.
In the first 24 hours after the treatment:
A white or mottled appearance to the skin and surrounding area.
Blister like lumps to the skin and the surrounding area.
Severe pain and tenderness (beyond what you would expect from an injection).
These could be signs of vascular occlusion and require immediate treatment.